The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the release of Kudu 1.8.0!
The new release adds several new features and improvements, including the following:
- Introduced manual data rebalancer tool which can be used to redistribute table replicas among tablet servers
- Added support for
IS NOT NULLpredicates to the Kudu Python client
- Multiple tooling improvements make diagnostics and troubleshooting simpler
- The Kudu Spark connector now supports Spark Streaming DataFrames
- Added Pandas support to the Python client
The above is just a list of the highlights, for a more complete list of new features, improvements and fixes please refer to the release notes.
The Apache Kudu project only publishes source code releases. To build Kudu 1.8.0, follow these steps:
- Download the Kudu 1.8.0 source release
- Follow the instructions in the documentation to build Kudu 1.8.0 from source
For your convenience, binary JAR files for the Kudu Java client library, Spark DataSource, Flume sink, and other Java integrations are published to the ASF Maven repository and are now available.
The Python client source is also available on PyPI.