The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the release of Kudu 1.4.0!
Apache Kudu 1.4.0 is a minor release which offers several new features, improvements, optimizations, and bug fixes.
- ability to alter storage attributes and default values for existing columns
- a new C++ client API to efficiently map primary keys to their associated partitions and hosts
- support for long-running fault-tolerant scans in the Java client
- a new
kudu fs checkcommand which can perform offline consistency checks and repairs on the local on-disk storage of a Tablet Server or Master.
- many optimizations to reduce disk space usage, improve write throughput, and improve throughput of background maintenance operations.
The above list of changes is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the release notes for an expanded list of important improvements, bug fixes, and incompatible changes before upgrading.
- Download the Kudu 1.4.0 source release
- Convenience binary artifacts for the Java client and various Java integrations (eg Spark, Flume) are also now available via the ASF Maven repository.