The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the release of Kudu 1.3.0!
Apache Kudu 1.3 is a minor release which adds various new features, improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations on top of Kudu 1.2. Highlights include:
- significantly improved support for security, including Kerberos authentication, TLS encryption, and coarse-grained (cluster-level) authorization
- automatic garbage collection of historical versions of data
- lower space consumption and better performance in default configurations.
The above list of changes is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the release notes for an expanded list of important improvements, bug fixes, and incompatible changes before upgrading.
Thanks to the 25 developers who contributed code or documentation to this release!
- Download the Kudu 1.3.0 source release
- Convenience binary artifacts for the Java client and various Java integrations (eg Spark, Flume) are also now available via the ASF Maven repository.